Monday, October 20, 2008

Big Shoes to fill?

So the other day, we were at my parent's and Brice decided that he wanted to try on my shoes. Either that, or maybe his mommy thought it would be cute. Either way, it makes for some great pictures. However, it brings up a more important aspect of life. Fatherhood... it is easy to see that my shoes are much larger than Brice's feet. However, I hope that I do more than just wear bigger shoes. I hope that I can show Brice the best example to live by as a man and a father. I know that I defintely have my shortcomings, and areas of needed improvement, but I can already tell how Brice truly looks up to me. He already mimicks alot that I do.

Example: The other day I turned the Pringles upside down to get the remaining crumbs and now he does the same with his cherrios and other food. Except he hasn't grasped the concept of only needing to do that with the remaining crumbs and he often spills alot of cheerios :)

God is our Father in Heaven and has given us the ultimate example of Fatherhood. Love unconditionally, be patient, allow your child to grow but always be available for counsel and guidance, and so much more. I know that there will be more tests as Brice grows older, and he will be molded primarily by Melanie's and my parenting (along with God's guidance and will for His life). I just want to do the best I can, so he can be the best that he can be. The responsibility is great, but the reward is worth it.

On a less serious note, check out those kicks.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!!

He is getting so big!!

Sarah

Tina said...

Mel, these remind me of the picture of you in Dad's shoes.